There will be 6 Awards this year, including a special award to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Asian Legal Awards and one hundred years of women in law:
- Women in Law, 100 Years Award 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2019
- Criminal Lawyer Award 2019
- Company & Commercial Lawyer Award 2019
- Civil Lawyer Award 2019
- Rising Star Award 2019
The nomination process will remain open until 23:59 on Sunday 23rd June 2019. Any nominations received after this deadline will not be processed.
- Opening date for the nominations: Friday 10th May 2019
- Closing date for the nominations: Sunday 30th June at 23:59
- Nominees to provide a short introduction to be passed to Judges for consideration: 7th July 2019 at 23:59
- Nominees announced: Thursday 11th July 2019
- Judging panel discussions: July/August 2019
- Award winners announced: Saturday 28th September 2019
The judges will consider the following criteria when reaching their decisions:
- Professional achievements (i.e. notable cases)
- Industry awards
- Relevant extracurricular activities (i.e. pro-bono work)
In order to make the application process easier, you can download an offline Word version of the nomination form. You can complete the answers offline at your convenience which you can copy and paste into the online form when you are ready to submit your nomination.
Please provide as detailed an application as possible. This will help the judges and increase the nominee’s chances of success.
Please note that all nominations must be made through the online nomination form to be considered.
The independent judging panel will consider every validly submitted nomination.
So get nominating!
To nominate through the website is easy. Simply go to the nomination form, select an award category and answer all the questions with as much detail and information as possible. Once the nomination has been made, nominators will receive an email confirming receipt of their nomination.
Asian Legal Awards is an initiative of the Society of Asian Lawyers (SAL). SAL is an open, democratically run organisation – the biggest BAME lawyers’ Society in the UK representing over 2,000 members. Our members encompass a cross section of the legal world and include partners in high profile city firms, leading barristers and QCs, in-house advocates, high street solicitors, legal executives, solicitor trainees, pupil barristers, students and employees in legal organisations.
Please read the terms and conditions before submitting your nomination.