Terms and Conditions 2019
April 18, 2019
- The Organiser of the Asian Legal Awards (hereafter referred to as ‘the Organiser’) is the Society of Asian Lawyers. By submitting a nomination for the Asian Legal Awards, the Nominee will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- All nominations must be made using the nomination form which can be found on the Organiser’s website www.societyofasianlawyers.co.uk and www.asianlegalawards.co.uk
- All entries received after the deadline of 11.59pm GMT on 23rd June 2019 will not be processed.
- Each nomination will be assessed by an external independent judging panel and will be assessed on its merits from the information contained within the completed nomination form only. The decision of the judging panel shall be final.
- Nominees shall be required to attend the Asian Legal Awards ceremony on 28th September 2019 where the winners shall be announced.
- All Nominees attending must purchase tickets through the Asian Legal Awards website, in the usual way. If you require any further information about ticketing, please email the Awards Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Nominees hereby give the Organiser their permission to use their photographs and details of achievements in print, social or any other media in perpetuity.
- You cannot self-nominate for the Asian Legal Awards.
- The Nominee must be a UK resident practicing within England and Wales.
- Any Nominee who is the subject of any investigation or disciplinary action by their relevant governing body at any time during the nomination process, shall automatically be withdrawn from the process. All Nominees agree to the Organiser carrying out due diligence with the relevant governing bodies to ensure that there are no disciplinary matters pending, ongoing or outstanding.
- To help us manage and maintain the reputation of the Asian Legal Awards, you must inform us of any negative media stories relating to the nominated person or practice they work for that has occurred during the 12 months preceding the Awards ceremony, which will take place on Saturday 28th September 2019. Negative publicity does not necessarily mean that the nomination will be withdrawn; however, if it is not disclosed the nomination may be invalidated.
- By providing the Nominee’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and/ or Facebook, the Nominee consents for the Society of Asian Lawyers and the Organiser to tag the Nominee into any social media posts regarding the Awards.
- Confidentiality – please do not submit confidential deals or cases for consideration. However, if you would like certain aspects of the nomination to remain confidential, please mark these sections clearly and we will not publish this information without the Nominee’s permission.
- Please ensure that you refer to the nomination categories for each specific award before completing the nomination form.
- By submitting the nomination form, the Nominator confirms he or she is either an existing member of the Society of Asian Lawyers or consents to becoming a member of the Society of Asian Lawyers. Please note there is no membership fee.